What is an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and how can I get it??

Ruby Updated by Ruby

What is Overseas an Employment Certificate (OEC)?

All departing OFWs, whether new hires or Balik Manggagawa are required to secure an Overseas Employment Certificate (OECs) which shall serve as exit clearance and an exemption from payment of travel tax and airport terminal fee. This is also your proof of being a documented overseas worker.

Your recruitment agency can help you process the OEC and the processing will take up to three weeks.

Documents Required:

  • Employment contract
  • Valid Passport
  • Medical certificate and other supporting documents as may be required.
  • Valid Medical Certificate from DOH-accredited medical clinics.
  • Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar Certificate (PEOS)
  • Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) Certificate issued by OWWA

Once submitted, the documents will undergo evaluation, approval from POEA and endorsement from DOLE before the release of OEC.

Here are the documents required to secure an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) online and for exemption:

  1. Online Appointment Information Sheet print-out  from this website.
  2. Valid Passport with at least 6 months validity from departure date
  3. Valid work visa/employment or any equivalent document; and
  4. Valid verified employment contract.
OEC is valid for sixty (60) days from the date of issue or until the expiration of the work permit, whichever comes first. OFWs returning to work overseas also need to apply for an OEC or an exemption to serve as exit clearance.

The Overseas Employment Certificate's processing is P100 per e-receipt/OEC.

In case you haven’t found the answer you were looking for, feel free to contact us at contact@helperchoice.com.

How did we do?

What are the steps after I find an employer? (Hong Kong Only)

How do I get a Domestic Work NCII training certificate?