What makes a great ad?
The first thing employers look at is your profile and your job ad will provide employers a comprehensive and accurate view of yourself.
So, creating a great job ad is critical to encourage employers to contact you and attract those who match your capabilities and preferences.
Here are some tips on how to do that:
1. Title of your Ad - This will give employers an immediate impression of your qualifications as a domestic helper!
Here you can say that you are experienced or a first timer, specify your nationality, maybe mention good traits, any extra or special backgrounds like nursing graduate, caregiver skills or teaching background or mention how many years of experience you have. See examples below.
- Experienced Filipina Helper with a Teaching background
- A Patient and kind Filipina Helper with Caregiving skills
- A Nursing graduate available to work as a Helper
- A nice Filipina helper with 10 years experience available ASAP
- A Filipina helper who has just finished a contract, ready for a new one
2. Job Description - Here you can elaborate your working experience, your traits, skills, educational background and other information that will help employers know you better not just as a helper but as someone who will be part of their household.
- Include a professional photo on a neutral background to make a good first impression.
- Be specific about your experiences: Did you work for a Chinese or foreign family? Took care of kids, elderly or pets? It is best to also include your years of experience.
- Highlight your strengths and skills: Are you confident with childcare, newborn care? Are you good in keeping the house clean and organized? Can you cook vegetarian food or a variety of dishes? You can list everything you can do!
- Highlight your training: Do you have first aid or CPR training? Are you trained with care giving or special needs care? You can also add your relevant education background like a degree in Education, SPED - this will increase your chances of getting hired by families that has this specific need.
- Ask a review and/or reference letter from your previous employer. You can include the reasons why you are not renewing with them if any. It will help a lot!
- Talk more about yourself, your hobbies, and what you're looking for! After all, you're going to live together!
- Ask to verify your account! A verified profile gives more credibility to your profile and has 70% more chances of getting hired!
In case you haven’t found the answer you were looking for, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.