Domestic Helper Updates
Temporary Suspension of Deployment of Filipino Domestic Workers to Saudi Arabia
How to Compute your Claims using POLO Hong Kong's Online Claims Calculator
Resumption of International Flights to Saudi Arabia
DOLE- AKAP Assistance for OFWs
How can I extend my Working Visa?
I am looking for a domestic helper
How Can I Change My Registered Email Address?
Unsubscribe From The Emails And Newsletters
Why Am I Blocked
How Do I Sign Up To HelperChoice?
How Can I Delete My Profile?
What If I Forgot My Password?
How Do I Change My Email Notifications Settings?
Create and Manage My Profile
Create and Manage My Job Ad
How Do I Write An Ad That Will Create More Interest?
How Do I Stop My Premium Renewal?
Is My Ad Only Visible On Your Website?
How Long Will My Ad Be Posted On HelperChoice Website?
How Do I Edit My Job Ad?
How Do I Delete My Ad?
Can I Hire a Part-Time Helper?
I Don't Want To Publish An Ad, Can I Still Use The Website?
How Do I Pause My Job Ad?
Is It Possible To Publish Several Job Ads?
How To Complete My Profile/Registration?
How Do I Upload Profile Picture?
How Do I Edit My Profile?
Search and Contact Domestic Helpers
Can I show or hide my contact details?
How Do I Filter Applicants Using Mobile?
How do I filter my search?
Give A Recommendation Letter To A Former Helper
Benefit From A Free First-Aid Training
Verify A Helper’s Contract Status And Work Experience
How Do I Prevent a Helper From Backing Out
Identify Necessary Skills Your New Helper Should Have
How Do I Save A Profile In My Favourites?
Why Can't I See The Helper's Contact Details Or Answer Messages?
How Do I Leave a Review?
How do I access Applicant's contact details?
Can I meet a helper before hiring her?
How do I contact profile that interest me?
HelperChoice’s Help With Domestic Helper Visa Processing
Upload Photos To Attract More Applicants
Benefit From A 50% Discount On Your AXA Domestic Helper Insurance
I am looking for an employer
Building my profile
How do I register on HelperChoice?
How can I set my preferred location?
How can I complete my registration?
How can I unsubscribe from e-mails and newsletters?
How do I activate registration?
Can I delete my profile?
Creating my ad
How do I create an ad?
How To Login To HelperChoice?
How Do I Close Or Reactivate My Ad?
How can I disable or hide my ad?
Can I publish several ads?
How can I request references from employers?
What makes a great ad?
Why do I need to get verified?
Is It Okay To Upload My Documents In HelperChoice?
Do I Need To Register To HelperChoice To See The Ads?
How do I get recommendations from previous or current employers?
Looking for a job
How much is the salary offered?
Tips to Ace your Interview!
Can I apply on behalf of someone else?
Do you have age limit for a helper?
When is it best to look for a job?
Where are the jobs located?
Do I need to pay fees?
Can I meet up with the family before accepting the job?
Are employers' ads checked by HelperChoice?
Can I Filter My Employer Search?
How long does it take to get a job?
Can a couple apply for a job?
What kind of jobs are available on HelperChoice?
Do you accept male applicants
Why can't I see phone numbers of employers?
Why Am I Not Receiving Replies From Helperchoice Employers?
Why am I not receiving messages from employers?
How do I check messages from employers?
Do I need to pay premium to contact employers?
Where is HelperChoice located?
How do I contact employers in HelperChoice?
Are my contact details visible?
What If I Am Not Interested with the Job Offer?
Can I apply if I am not located abroad?
Overseas Recruitment Update due to Covid-19
How should I introduce myself?
Processing my papers
What are the steps after I find an employer? (Hong Kong Only)
What is an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and how can I get it??
How do I get a Domestic Work NCII training certificate?
How long does visa processing take?
How to get or renew NBI clearance?
How can I get a Philippine passport?
How do I prepare for my Pre-employment medical examination?
Can I change employers in Saudi Arabia?
What are the steps after I find an employer? (Saudi Arabia)
Set Your Goal: Fight Homesickness
Subscription & Billing
Billing and Plans
Is the Premium Subscription A Renewal?
Trust & Safety
Updated by Ruby
The first thing employers look at is your profile and your job ad will provide employers a comprehensive and accurate view of yourself.
So, creating a great job ad is critical to encourage employers to contact you and attract those who match your capabilities and preferences.
Here are some tips on how to do that:
1. Title of your Ad - This will give employers an immediate impression of your qualifications as a domestic helper!
Here you can say that you are experienced or a first timer, specify your nationality, maybe mention good traits, any extra or special backgrounds like nursing graduate, caregiver skills or teaching background or mention how many years of experience you have. See examples below.
- Experienced Filipina Helper with a Teaching background
- A Patient and kind Filipina Helper with Caregiving skills
- A Nursing graduate available to work as a Helper
- A nice Filipina helper with 10 years experience available ASAP
- A Filipina helper who has just finished a contract, ready for a new one
2. Job Description - Here you can elaborate your working experience, your traits, skills, educational background and other information that will help employers know you better not just as a helper but as someone who will be part of their household.
- Include a professional photo on a neutral background to make a good first impression.
- Be specific about your experiences: Did you work for a Chinese or foreign family? Took care of kids, elderly or pets? It is best to also include your years of experience.
- Highlight your strengths and skills: Are you confident with childcare, newborn care? Are you good in keeping the house clean and organized? Can you cook vegetarian food or a variety of dishes? You can list everything you can do!
- Highlight your training: Do you have first aid or CPR training? Are you trained with care giving or special needs care? You can also add your relevant education background like a degree in Education, SPED - this will increase your chances of getting hired by families that has this specific need.
- Ask a review and/or reference letter from your previous employer. You can include the reasons why you are not renewing with them if any. It will help a lot!
- Talk more about yourself, your hobbies, and what you're looking for! After all, you're going to live together!
- Ask to verify your account! A verified profile gives more credibility to your profile and has 70% more chances of getting hired!
In case you haven’t found the answer you were looking for, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.