If you undertake a direct hire and find a candidate yourself, it is possible to use an agency to handle the administrative side of things only.
Packages that include flights tend to range from anywhere between HK$3,500 to over HK$15,000. While fees vary based on the scope of each package, your helper’s nationality and location also determine how much agencies charge.
Agencies offer different services in their packages, the most common being:
- Contract and visa processing (at the helper’s embassy and Hong Kong’s Immigration Department)
- Covering entry visa fees
- Helpers’ medical check-ups (tests for syphilis, Hepatitis B, HIV, pregnancy, etc.)
- Helpers’ flights from their home countries to Hong Kong
- Airport transfer services
- Accommodation for the helper upon arrival (for a limited time)
- Assisting helpers with their applications for Hong Kong ID cards
- Translation booklets and counselling services for helpers
If you are hiring a finished contract Filipino, the paperwork can be done by yourself and the total cost is around HK$700 including notarization fee charged by the Philippine consulate and visa fee charged by the Hong Kong Immigration Department. You may want to send the helper for a medical check-up which usually costs HK$600 to HK$900. Finally, a helper insurance is highly recommended to fulfil your responsibility as an employer. A 2-year helper insurance ranges from HK$550 to HK$1,350 depending on the coverage.